Ballina RSL Club Ltd Policies and Regulations
The Ballina RSL Club Limited will adhere to the Austrlian Privacy Principles (APPs) aim at ensuring the information the Club holds about people is managed responsibly. Adoption of APPs also give people some control over the way information about them is handled by the Club. We will only record your e-mail address if you provide that information on your membership application form. The Club will not disclose this information to outside organisations. All personal information collected by the Ballina RSL Club Limited is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. Your personal information will only be used for the purposes for which you have provided it. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, except where authorised by you, required by law or with your consent. Employees of the Ballina RSL Club Limited are subject to the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1998 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. This Act lays down strict privacy safeguards which the Club must observe in handling personal information. More information about the Privacy Act can be obtained from the Australian Commissioners web site at www.oaic.gov.au
NSW Smoke-free Environment Amendment Act 2000
For more information visit www.health.nsw.gov.au
In July 2007, clubs across NSW cleared the air as the NSW Smoke-free Environment Amendment Act 2004 came into force. Many clubs managed this major change by opening new areas and comfortable facilities outdoors.
From July 6, 2015 New Outdoor smoking bans will take effec
t for commercial outdoor dining areas and the four metre law will apply to the entrance and exits to our Clubs.
Both the Ballina RSL Club (River Street, Ballina) and the Ballina RSL Bowling Club (Canal Road, Ballina) have comfortable and compliant outdoor areas for all patrons to enjoy.
Click here to read the NSW Govt Health Flyer.
Responsible Conduct of Gaming
ClubSafe Responsible Gambling Program
Clubs in NSW are not-for-profit organisations that exist for the benefit of their members and the community.
Clubs are a focal point for many communities, providing a meeting place and facilitating the pursuit of interests such as sporting, community, workers, business, national, religious, RSL and ex-services. They also play a vital role in sustaining local community activities by providing significant support to local schools and playgroups, returned soldiers and war widow support groups, local hospitals and nursing homes, surf lifesaving clubs, seniors, local neighbourhood centres, emergency services, as well as charities of all sizes and types across NSW.
One of the unique attractions of NSW registered clubs is that they provide safe social venues for community owned gaming.
In 2000, the peak club industry body, ClubsNSW, initiated ClubSafe, a world's best practice responsible gambling program. As a ClubSafe member club, Ballina RSL Club Ltd is committed to a policy of best practice when it comes to the provision of a responsible gambling environment.
The program is based on a ClubSafe Code of Practice, consisting of eleven best practice guidelines that are supported by a comprehensive management system designed to proactively minimise harm associated with problem gambling.
Through ClubSafe, Ballina RSL Club Ltd can offer support and information to club patrons who may have a problem with their gambling, as well as offer support for family and friends who may be impacted by a problem gambler.
ClubSafe initiatives include:
- Free, confidential ClubSafe Counselling Service
- Government approved self-exclusion process
- Staff awareness training
- ClubSafe Code of Practice and Advertising Code of Practice
- Responsible gambling signage
The ClubSafe Counselling Service is a free, confidential phone service available to club patrons, providing effective crisis counselling support and counselling referrals as well as the option for ongoing anonymous telephone counselling. To access the ClubSafe Counselling Service call 1800 99 77 66, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The ClubSafe self-exclusion process gives patrons the option to choose to be excluded from the club. For more information on this option please contact the Operations/Gaming Manager, Ballina RSL Club Ltd) on 0266 86 2544.
Department of Gaming & Racing, www.olgr.nsw.gov.au
Responsible Service of Alcohol
The Ballina Liquor Accord has resolved that effective 6 June 2007, all licensed establishments within the Ballina Shire will be imposing a 12 midnight curfew every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
In principle, patrons will not be permitted to enter a licensed premises after 12 midnight.
The Liquor Licensing Act aims to ensure that those who consume alcohol only do so in a responsible manner. Ballina RSL Club is committed to the principles of responsible service of alcohol. All employees must adhere to the following responsible service of alcohol practices, below is an extract of Ballina RSL Clubs policy on Responsible service of Alcohol:
- No liquor will be served to minors (under 18 years of age).
- No intoxicated persons will be admitted to the Club.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused service of liquor and instructed to vacate the premises.
Please be aware that licensing rules have been amended to incorporate penalties for those persons found to be intoxicated on these premises.
If you wish to discuss the alcohol requirements of your function, please do not hesitate to contact us.
It is an offence to permit intoxication on club premises (Registered Clubs Act 1976).
If you encounter any problems during your function, please do not hesitate to ask for the Duty Manager.
The Club promotes the responsible service of alcohol.
Department of Gaming & Racing, www.olgr.nsw.gov.au
Access to Management and Financial Administration
This club is by law required to keep a register containing information that relates to the management and financial administration of the club including:
- A list of disclosures, declarations and returns made by the governing body and employees of the club.
- The salary bands of the club's top executives.
- Details of the overseas travel made by the governing body and employees of the club.
- Details of loans given by the club to employees.
- Details of certain contracts executed by the club.
- Salary details of club employees who are close relatives of a member of the club's governing body or a top executive.
- Details of the payments made by the club for consultant services.
- Details of legal settlements made by the club with a member of the governing body or an employee of the club.
- Details of legal fees paid by the club for a member of the governing body or an employee of the club.
- The club's annual gaming machine profit.
- The amount applied by the club to community development and support.
The club must prepare quarterly financial statements for the governing body that incorporate:
- The club's profit and loss accounts and trading accounts for the quarter, and
- balance sheet as at the end of the quarter.
Members may view the register or the financial statements by wntten request to the club.
It is the policy of this Club that no food or beverage be brought onto licensed Club premises, with the exception of a wedding, birthday or special function cake.
Please note that a surcharge fee of 2.5% is applicable on payments for functions, conferences and events utilizing Amex & Diners cards and 1.25% on all Visa and Mastercard payments.
Children's Menu Prices
- Under 5 years old – no charge
- 5-10 years old – half price menu
- 11 and over – full price menu chosen
(only applies to function menus)
Minors on Licensed Premises
Persons under the age of 18 years will not be admitted to the Club unless they are accompanied by their parent/s or legal guardian and must remain in their company at all times whilst on Club premises.
While children are welcome at your function, it is an offence for minors to approach or obtain service from a bar.
Bona Fide visitors residing outside the 5km radius are required to sign the visitors register before entering the Club, and will be required to produce proof of residence.
Guests of members residing within the 5km radius may be signed in as guests of members, providing they remain in the company of the member and vacate the premises with the member, and will be required to produce proof of identity. Visitors are required to produce proof of their residential address.
To maintain the high standards you enjoy here at the Ballina RSL Club, we ask that you observe the following dress regulations at all times.
Acceptable attire is to be neat, clean and tidy. Footwear must be worn at all times and no tattered clothing is permitted. Dress standards remain at the discretion of the Duty Manager. NB. Exceptions may be made based on religious / medical reasons.
Not acceptable attire includes:
Entertainment Ticket Sales & Refund Policy
- All show and Entertainment tickets must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Phone bookings – payment by Credit card or Eftpos (Transaction fees apply)
- Show Tickets and customer receipt will be stored at Member Services for collection prior to show time.
- There are NO REFUNDS on any ticket except as required by law.
- The right of admission is reserved by the box office staff at the venue.
- Admittance to customers bearing tickets purchased online at a discount price (such as student, pensioner, and concession) will only be upon production to box office staff of relevant ID on the night of the performance. Failure to produce appropriate ID may result in the patron being charged full price for their ticket.
- Latecomers will not be admitted until there is a convenient break in the program, if at all, and admission is at the discretion of the box office personnel on the night of the performance.
- Tickets will only be issued upon full payment.
Links to third-party web sites from the Ballina RSL Club Ltd. website are provided for convenience only. Ballina RSL Club Limited does not endorse nor support the content of third-party links. Ballina RSL Club is not responsible for the content of a third-party website. By clicking on a third-party link, you will leave the Ballina RSL Club website. Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by Ballina RSL Club Ltd.